Friday, August 20, 2010

Tasca Blog - August 19

Hello Race Fans!

Last week we were in Brainerd and ended the regular season. We had a great first round win against John Force, man, there was inches separating John and I throughout the entire run. I think that’s been kind of a trend here these last couple of races. There’s just be incredible side-by-side racing with literally inches separating cars going over 300 mile per hour. Then we lost a tight race in the second race against Bob Bode.

Now that the regular season over, our sights are set on the championship. These next six races are going to be action packed. The first three are certainly going to pose their challenges with some warmer conditions. Then with the last three I think you’ll see some record setting runs in the Top Fuel classes.

Five out of the ten Top Fuel Funny Cars are Fords. Ford has definitely positioned themselves to be tough to beat here going into the Countdown.

Next week, I’m going to be going to Montreal for the Ford Racing Crescent Street Festival. This is my first venture to Montreal for the street festival and I’m looking forward to it. Ford of Canada hosts the street festival every year during the NASCAR Nationwide race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. We’re going to have our Funny Car out there on Crescent Street and spend a couple of days up there which should be pretty neat. They say the crowds up there you can get up to 300,000 people come through that event.

After Montreal, we’ll be right back into racing at Indianapolis and the final races of the 2010 season. Indy kicks of the Countdown and we’re planning to come out of the gate strong and build momentum. To win a championship you’re going to have to pick up your fair share of wins over these next six races. I can’t wait.

I want to thank all of my fans for supporting Motorcraft, Quick Lane Ford Motor Company. The best part of our season is just ahead of us and I can tell you that our team is ready to go.

Thanks for checking in and I’ll see you at the race track.

No comments:

Post a Comment