Thursday, August 13, 2009

Full Steam Ahead!

This is an exciting time for us. We’re back from the West Coast Swing and I’ve been full steam ahead both at home and at work.

Last week, I went out to the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) AirVenture Oshkosh Show and it was amazing. There were more airplanes in one spot, at one time than I’ve ever seen in my life. It was fun to get out to Oshkosh, Wisconsin, sign some autographs and do a Q &A for the aviation folks. There were a lot of racing fans there. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of airplane engineers that respect what we do.

On the business side of things, I’ve been real busy with the Cash for Clunkers program. It’s been great to walk into the dealership and see so much excitement and energy on the showroom floor. Right now Ford has the number one vehicle that people are trading in for - the Ford Focus. The Cash for Clunkers program has really been great for us at Tasca Ford and all the Ford dealers around the country. Great time to buy a Ford!

There’s been a lot happening back at the dealership, and at the same time I’ve been busy working with the guys in Concord, North Carolina, finalizing the race shop. We’re busy getting ready for the grand opening in September. I’ve also been helping with the JDRF program, working to promote that great organization. The big reveal for Ford Customer Service Division’s Second Annual Funny Car Design Contest winning paint scheme will take place during the shop’s grand opening. Voting is open until Friday, August 14 at www.jdrf.org/ford



I was down at the Tasca Racing shop in Concord this week finalizing some of the graphics up on the walls in the shop. The guys have been working in the shop this week as well, getting it ready for the race fans to come and see.



In addition to working on prepping the shop for the grand opening, the guys have been working full steam on the blower dynos, prepping our Superchargers. We’ve got a couple new blowers we’re working on, getting them race ready.

I had the best surprise waiting for me when I got home this week. In addition to spending time with my family, the folks at Ford had a Taurus SHO there ready for me to drive. Ford is launching the I’m Driving One program this year with the 2010 Taurus and Taurus SHO. What’s neat about the program is that I get to drive both vehicles around and experience the great products that Ford has to offer. The boys are excited too, I promised to take them out for a ride to get ice cream. Check out the preview video at http://www.imdrivingone.com/


It’s been a busy time since getting back from Sonoma, but all in all, I’m eager to get back to racing. We only have three races until the Countdown begins, and as it gets closer, it gets harder to move up the ladder, and harder to move down the ladder. We have our sights set on the fourth and fifth slots, that’s really what we’re focusing on right now. We have a Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang that is very consistent and was only an eyelash away from winning Sonoma.
It was great to see Tim win that race!!
For our team right now, we have as good a chance at winning this Championship as anyone out there. When it comes to NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing anything can happen. You need to put your team in a position to WIN. We have done that consistently all year and willing continue to do so as the season winds up! For now we are focused on Brainerd. We want to leave there locked into the top 10 and with a Wally in our hands!

See you at the race track.

No comments:

Post a Comment